From BBC Food. By Richard Philips, Ready Steady Cook.
Preparation time: Less than 30 minutes
Cooking time: Less than 10 minutes
For the koftas
175g/6oz minced beef
¼ tsp ground turmeric powder
1 garlic clove, peeled
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground coriander seeds
1 tsp olive oil, for frying
For the herb salad
small bunch fresh parsley leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the koftas, soak five wooden skewers in a bowl of water for ten minutes.
2. Place all of the kofta ingredients except the oil into a food processor and blend together until smooth. Divide the mixture into five equal portions and shape the mixture onto the top half of the skewers.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Fry the koftas on both sides for about 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
4. For the herb salad, mix the parsley leaves with the oil and seasoning in a bowl.
5. To serve, place the herb salad in the middle of a plate and arrange the koftas on top.