Festive Turkey Croque-Monsieur
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 40 g plain flour
- 400 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 100 g Stilton
- 8 slices of white bread
- cranberry sauce
- 100 g Gruyère cheese
- 400 g leftover free-range cooked turkey
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
- In a saucepan on a low heat, melt the butter until foamy, but not coloured, then stir in the flour. Cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the cold milk and whisk well to avoid lumps forming.
- Raise the heat and leave to simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the mustard and crumble in the Stilton, and check the seasoning.
- Line the bread on the work surface and spread 4 slices with cranberry sauce, then Stilton sauce and grate over half the Gruyère.
- Top with turkey and sandwich with the remaining bread. Press lightly, then spread the 4 tops with the remaining sauce and finish by grating over the remaining Gruyère.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the sandwiches turn golden brown. Serve with a green salad
Original recipe can be found on the Jamie Oliver website at the following address: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turkey-recipes/festive-turkey-croque-monsieur/