Leftover Turkey Curry
For the turkey curry:
- 45ml vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 stick celery, sliced
1 small red pepper
1 small potato, peeled and diced
700g cooked turkey
15ml ground coriander
10ml ground cumin
10ml ground cinnamon
2.5ml ground turmeric
2.5ml ground chilli
300ml chicken stock
For the mint and coriander raita:
• 200g Greek yoghurt
• 2 teaspoons mint sauce (from a jar) or finely
chopped fresh mint
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
• Squeeze of lemon (if using mint sauce from a jar
you might not need)
• Pinch of salt to taste
- Start by making the mint and coriander raita.
- Place the yoghurt, mint and coriander in a bowl and gently stir until well combined (do not whisk or the consistency will become very runny). Add a squeeze of lemon and salt to taste. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat vegetable oil in heavy pan, add onion, celery, pepper and onion. Stir and soften for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the spices.
- Stir in the stock and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add the turkey and heat until piping hot, then serve.
- To make the fresh chutney, simply combine onion, tomato and coriander. Please ensure turkey is piping hot before serving.
- Serve the turkey curry with rice, naan bread or chapattis (or a mixture of them) with vegetables or salad. Drizzle the mint and coriander raita over the top.
Recipe taken from www.bernardmatthews.com