Leftover Turkey Curry
For the turkey and coconut curry:
• 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• small piece fresh ginger, finely grated
• 1 red chilli, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 600g diced leftover cooked turkey
• 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
• Salt and pepper to taste
For the mint and coriander raita:
• 200g Greek yoghurt
• 2 teaspoons mint sauce (from a jar) or finely
chopped fresh mint
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
• Squeeze of lemon (if using mint sauce from a jar
you might not need)
• Pinch of salt to taste
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Start by making the mint and coriander raita. Place the yoghurt, mint and coriander in a bowl and gently stir until well combined (do not whisk or the consistency will become very runny). Add a squeeze of lemon and salt to taste. Place
in the fridge until ready to serve.
Heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan and add the coriander, cumin and turmeric. Stir fry for around 30 seconds until fragrant. Then add the garlic, chilli, ginger and sugar and stir fry for another minute until they have softened slightly.
Add the turkey, desiccated coconut and season to taste. Stir fry for around 5 minutes until heated through.
Serve the turkey coconut curry with rice, naan bread or chapattis (or a mixture of them) with vegetables or salad.
Drizzle the mint and coriander raita over the top.